Recipe by SuperSpike
My go-to breakfast before work. The whole grain is great fuel and it keeps me going until lunchtime. I use 2 kinds of Oats for better texture. Includes some variations.
Top Review by Sarah_Jayne
Nothing at all for me to complain about with this one. It worked well for me and tasted good. I went for the plain version because I didn't have an apple but I will be trying that version out too. Made for Veggie tag.
Plain Oatmeal (2 WW points)
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal 3 WW Points
- 1 small apple, cored and diced into 1/4 inch pieces- leave peel on (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon, in addition to cinnamon in basic recipe (optional)
Power Oatmeal 4 WW points
- 2 tablespoons non-fat powdered milk (optional)
- 2 tablespoons raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine all ingredients and stir well. Be sure to use a bowl that leaves at least an inch of space above the level of the oatmeal mixture- it expands when cooking and will make a mess if your bowl isn't large enough.
- Cook in your microwave uncovered on high for about 4 minutes 30 seconds (I have a pretty average microwave- so if yours is stronger, start with 3 mins and check if the oatmeal is thick and cooked through- add an extra minute if you have a wussy microwave). Remove and stir, add your milk or desired fruit topping, and enjoy!
- Option 1: Add diced apple and extra cinnamon into the mixture before cooking and stir well- add an additional minute to cooking time.
- Option 2: Add powdered milk and raisins before cooking. No additional cooking time required.