Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
My go-to breakfast before work. The whole grain is great fuel and it keeps me going until lunchtime. I use 2 kinds of Oats for better texture. Includes some variations.
Plain Oatmeal (2 WW points)
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal 3 WW Points
- 1 small apple, cored and diced into 1/4 inch pieces- leave peel on (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon, in addition to cinnamon in basic recipe (optional)
Power Oatmeal 4 WW points
- 2 tablespoons non-fat powdered milk (optional)
- 2 tablespoons raisins (optional)
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine all ingredients and stir well. Be sure to use a bowl that leaves at least an inch of space above the level of the oatmeal mixture- it expands when cooking and will make a mess if your bowl isn't large enough.
- Cook in your microwave uncovered on high for about 4 minutes 30 seconds (I have a pretty average microwave- so if yours is stronger, start with 3 mins and check if the oatmeal is thick and cooked through- add an extra minute if you have a wussy microwave). Remove and stir, add your milk or desired fruit topping, and enjoy!
- Option 1: Add diced apple and extra cinnamon into the mixture before cooking and stir well- add an additional minute to cooking time.
- Option 2: Add powdered milk and raisins before cooking. No additional cooking time required.
Nothing at all for me to complain about with this one. It worked well for me and tasted good. I went for the plain version because I didn't have an apple but I will be trying that version out too. Made for Veggie tag.