Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
Alcohol and fat soluble flavors in the tomato are exploited by starting the wine/oil marinade just before boiling the pasta water. Additional items can be changed depending on what is at hand. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
Top Review by Shellbelle
This was very tasty, I made it minus the olives and wine. It's a great one person type of meal. Sometimes I have a hard time cooking for just me, without having a lot of leftovers. You're "solo" recipes are great, thanks for sharing!
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 6 ounces cooked chicken breasts, diced (left over is fine)
- 1 cup dry pasta (I like Rotini)
- 1⁄3 cup green olives, diced
- 2 tablespoons white wine (I like a Chablis)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- FIRST Place the diced tomato in a pasta bowl and add the wine and olive oil.
- Start the pasta water boiling and cook the pasta until done.(about 8 minutes)
- Add the cooled pasta to the bowl, toss and then add the cooked chicken and olives. Add pepper, and serve.