1/2 Photos of Solo Sweet Onion Rice
Bill Hilbrich's Note:
A solo side dish of moist, and flavorful rice. Substituting 1/4 teaspoon of your favorite curry powder in place of the garlic will give the rice a rich glow and a more subtle flavor. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the olive oil in a small sauce pan that has a tight fitting cover.
- 2Add garlic and onion, and stir until the onion becomes transparent, but stop before the garlic starts to turn brown.
- 3Add rice and continue to sir until all the grains are coated in the olive oil.
- 4Add the chicken stock, lower the heat to barely on, and cover with a tight fitting lid.
- 5Keep pan over the low heat for exactly 15 minutes.
- 6Remove from the heat but Do NOT peek, and let the pan sit for another 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Solo Sweet Onion Rice
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.1
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 232.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 9.1 g