Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
A simple, but tasty lunch using ingredients that could be transported to a campsite.
Top Review by cookie j
My teenaged son rated this recipe a ten. He loves spam for some reason, he usually likes to have it prepared with brown sugar, but this one was a hit for him. He told me that I could make this one again. It even tasted good to me.
- 1⁄4 can hormel's Spam
- 2 slices kraft processed cheese
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 slices bread
- 1 teaspoon strong mustard (not yellow)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized frying pan, add the onions and saute until nearly transparent.
- push the onions to one side of the pan and add thinly sliced Spam.
- Fry Spam on one side for 2 minutes, flip, and lay the cheese on top and cook until the cheese melts.
- Toast the bread, and spread the mustard on one slice.
- Add the Spam/ cheese, pile the onions on top and close the sandwich.
- Serve with potato chips, a pickle and beer.