Solo Smothered Chicken Breast
- In a medium size cast iron frying pan, heat the oil and butter and stir until the butter nolonger foams.
- Add the thawed chicken breast and fry on one side for 4 minutes.
- Turn the breast over and add the onions, continue to fry for 2 minutes add the mushrooms, and continue to cook for two more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat and check for an internal temperature of 160 degrees (F).
- If more time is required, scoop the onion/mushroom mixture on top of the chicken and cook until the meat is completely done.
- Serve with cold potato salad or rice.
- OPTIONAL: After removing the chicken, add one tablespoon of flour to the hot pan, stir and then add the saved liquid from the mushrooms to make a gravy.