Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
This recipe started life as just another Refrigerator Sweep (37) but the addition of some sour cream has transformed a whimsey project into a creditable stroganoff. Just remember that Cooking is a Creative Sport.
- 1 cup beef, cooked and shredded
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced very thin
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup uncooked egg noodles, flat and curly
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno pepper, diced and seeded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the egg noodles in a quart of salted water until done. Drain, but save 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
- Saute the onions until transparent, then add the meat and cook until hot.
- When the noodles are nearly done, add the tomato, peppers and sour cream to the frying pan, stir and then add the drained noodles.
- If the mixture looks too dry, add the pasta water and stir.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate and top with the cheddar cheese.