Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The texture contrast between the smooth silky rice and the slightly crunchy mouth feel of the potatoes is an interesting experience. The Dill goes well with the potatoes and the Thyme replaces the traditional lemon flavor in giving the shrimp a nice kick. The onion gives this meal for one just a hint of sweetness. But remember Cooking is a Creative Sport.
- Heat the oil and butter in an 8 inch frying pan that has a tight fitting lid.
- Saute the onion until transparent.
- Add the dill, thyme and rice and stir until all the rice grains are covered in the fat and spices.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Reduce the heat to the minimum setting and cook for 15 minutes.
- Do NOT remove the cover.
- Take the pan off the heat and let it sit for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with a salad or vegetable.
Now that I've made this many a time and perfected things, I have to review again and give it five stars. This is truly one of my top three favorite meals! It's also delicious the next day -- even cold!