Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
The sweet sour taste of raspberry vinegar and honey brings a very refreshing taste to this dish. This recipe was designed to be a meal for one, or as a side dish for two or three but it can be easily expanded to meet the needs of any size group. Other vegetables could be used as well. Cooking is a Creative Sport !
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, thawed
- 1 cup dry pasta, bowtie seems best for this dish
- 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup cucumber, diced
- 1⁄3 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta for at least 10 minutes in salted water.
- While the pasta is cooking, braise the whole chicken breast in a very hot pan with a minimum of oil for 5 minutes on each side.
- Add vinegar, oil, honey, and dried spices to a shallow pasta bowl, and wisk until blended.
- Drain the pasta and pour over the vinegar/oil mixture and toss lightly.
- Remove the the chicken from the pan, dice, and add to the pasta along with the vegetables, and toss again until everything is coated.
- If desired, diced olives could also be added.