Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A quick and simple side dish for one that could be made at home or in a dormitory microwave.
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces velveeta process American cheese
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the butter in a 2 cup microwave safe dish until melted (about one minute) Add cheese, pepper, and lemon juice and microwave on high for two minutes.
- Then remove and stir until the cheese is melted.
- At the same time as you are finishing the cheese, place the broccoli florets on a microwave plate and cover with a damp paper towel.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove towel and pour cheese over the broccoli.
This recipe would have been a 5 star winner except for the use of Velveeta, which of course is used because it quickly melts. I substituted American cheese & it worked well and was delicious. After all, our chef here says to always be creative. Good job, Bill! Jenny
I really liked this...it was quick & easy & the broccoli tasted great! Just a tip...don't add any salt until you taste it. I did & it was too salty combined with the velvetta.