1/1 Photo of Solo Microwave Fettuccine Alfredo
Bill Hilbrich's Note:
This is a very easy solo recipe that can be made in a college style microwave. My old microwave required three 2 minute cycles for the pasta. Cooked chicken or shrimp could be added. Cooking is a creative sport. I must caution you that using a finely grated parmesan cheese, like that found in cans of Kraft or Crystal Farms is important because larger pieces of cheese will not melt properly in the residual heat from the melted cream cheese. This recipe is one of my favorites, and represents one of my more productive efforts to encourage young people to cook. One of my co-workers was eating from a carry out container, She told me that once a month she and her friends went out to dinner at a nice Italian Restaurant ... clearly something that they could not afford very often .. and she had saved some of the Fettuccine Alfredo from the night before. When I suggested that she could make that at home, she looked at me with her big sad brown eyes and said that all she had in her apartment was a microwave. So, I wrote this recipe just for her.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the noodles and water into a 2 cup or larger glass or microwave safe measuring cup or bowl.
- 2Microwave on high for two minutes, then stir, continue 2 minute cycles until the pasta is done.
- 3Drain the noodles, and wipe the measuring cup dry.
- 4Add the cream cheese and milk to the measuring cup and microwave for one minute.
- 5Stir until smooth, add the parmesan cheese, and continue to stir until smooth.
- 6Pour the Alfredo Sauce into a shallow bowl, add the noodles and toss.
- 7Add pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Solo Microwave Fettuccine Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (592 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 689.7
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 92.9 mg
- Sodium 591.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 28.0 g