Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
I developed the recipe as a give away item while I was working at a cooking supply store that had many college students as customers. The Anchor Hocking Microwave Popcorn Popper works very well for this solo dish and fits into most microwaves found on college campuses.
Top Review by Stella Mae
I made this for my lunch, today, and it was very good! It's simple to put together, and while it cooked in the microwave I prepared a simple green salad to go with it. Thanks for such a nice recipe.
- 1 small boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice (, Not instant)
- 1 cup water or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Put butter into a Microwave Popcorn Popper or a glass casserole dish, and microwave on high for one minute.
- Add the uncooked rice, and stir until all the grains are coated in the butter.
- Add everything else, and microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- Let sit for an additional 5 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.