Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe will make a hardy lunch for one, or if served with a side salad, a nice light meal for two. An option is to roast the Bell Pepper, then after steaming in a paper bag, peel the skin off the flesh. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
- 4 ounces of thawed precooked shrimp (the small salad size)
- 1 cup dry pasta (I like rotini for this dish)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper (Diced)
- 1⁄4 cup onion (Diced)
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives (8)
- 1 clove garlic (Diced)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- salt (optional)
- Tabasco sauce (I like the Green, but this is optional)
- Bring 2 quarts of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until done, about 8 minutes.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, corn syurp, and garlic in a shallow serving dish, and mix well.
- When the pasta is done, drain and add to the serving dish, and toss to coat.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the cheese and Tabasco Sauce.
- Toss Add the cheese, taste and adjust with salt and/or Tabasco Sauce.
I was solo today so decided to treat myself to this delicious dish. I didn't need any help polishing it all up myself. The ingredients are a bit surprising but come together really well. Really glad I gave this a try.