Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Marinating the meat in the lemon juice adds a nice flavor and starts the tenderizing process. I used leftover roast beef, but ground beef or cooked chicken would also work well in this recipe Cooking is a Creative Sport.
- 1 cup beef, cooked and diced
- 1 cup uncooked pasta (I like the flat noodles)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Place the beef in a shallow dish and mix with the lemon juice.
- Cook the pasta according to directions and drain.
- Melt the butter with the oil in a frying pan, and saute the onions until transparent.
- Add the catsup, followed by the brown sugar and the salt. Stir.
- Add the meat, cook until hot and then add the cooked noodles, and stir until coated.
I used sliced deli roast beef and bowtie pasta. This is delicious comfort food. I'll definitely be making this again will try the ground beef and chicken versions with other pasta too. Made for Alphabet Soup Game. Very versatile recipe Bill! Thanks.