Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This quick Italian Style dish will provide a nice meal for one, or with a green salad, a light lunch for two. I found pre-cooked Italian sausage packaged for use on homemade pizza in a grocery store, but uncooked links or bulk sausage could also be cooked in advance and add to this colorful dish.
- 1⁄3 lb cooked italian sausage (cooked weight)
- 6 ounces dry pasta (Farfalle or Bow tie is nice)
- 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup onion
- 1 garlic clove, sliced thin
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- Place pasta in 2 quarts of salted water and cook until soft, which should take about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Chop the pepper and onions into half inch pieces and saute in olive oil.
- After 5 minutes, add the garlic, basil, and the tomato sauce and simmer until it starts to thicken.
- If the sauce become to thick, add a little of the water from the pasta.
- Add the precooked sausage to the vegetable and sauce mixture, and stir over low heat while waiting until the pasta is done.
- Add drained pasta to the pan, stir, check to see if salt is needed, and plate.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
This was a great recipe and was easy to make for a beginner. I've never made a sauce this chunky before, but have wanted to for a while. An added bonus is the simple ingredients. I used Ragu chunky garden style sauce, my favorite.
Quick, easy, and a hit with the family. The only thing I added was 1/4 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning and it was delicious.
This was a very wonderful meal! I made with the exact ingredients listed. I will definitely make this again. Thanks!