Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This solo dish, when served with a green side salad will make a nice lunch for one, but it can be expanded to be used as a main course. The recipe can also be garnished with black olives and served cold. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup dry pasta (I like the Bowtie shape)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (Grey Poupon is nice)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (Lemon Juice will also work)
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (Grated)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Cover both sides of the chicken breast with the salt and pepper and cook in a hot pan for 4 minutes per side OR bake in a 375 (f) oven for 40 minutes or until the meat has an internal temperature of 170 degrees (f).
- Set aside to cool.
- cook the pasta in 2 quarts of boiling salted water until done, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Mix the olive oil, honey, mustard, garlic, and lime juice in the bottom of a shallow pasta dish.
- Add the hot, but drained pasta and toss.
- Dice the chicken breast into bite size pieces and toss.
- Add the parmesan cheese, and serve with a green salad.