Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
To make a complete one dish meal, any vegetable can be added. I like green beans or diced tomato with this dish. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup dry pasta (I like rotini)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime (just the juice)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Cook the pasta in 2 quarts of salted water for 8 minutes or until done.
- Mix the olive oil, honey, and the juice from one lime in the bottom of a shallow dish.
- Add the cooked pasta and the cooked chicken and toss.
This is a quick & easy dish for a small family. I added green beans and a lot of salt because it was bland. When I reheated the left overs the next day, the flavor had improved. I think marinating the chicken in the sauce before cooking might make it better. Still we liked this & I will probably make again.
This was a nice change of pace to a tomato-based or alfredo sauce style pasta. Using Linda B's earlier suggestion, I marinated 1 sliced chicken breast in the 2 T olive oil, lime juice, and a little bit of water overnight. When I began cooking it the next day, I added 1 T minced garlic, the honey, and 1 t each of cinnamon, dried cilantro, and pepper. The result was a sweet and tangy combo that was rather tasty!