The sharp tang of the lemon juice matched with the sour olives and the sweet onions highlights tonight's version of refrigerator sweep. I really liked this combination, but remember cooking is a Creative Sport.
- Start 2 cups of salted water to boil.
- Pour the juice of the lemon over the green beans and set aside until needed.
- When the water is at a rolling boil, add the pasta and stir for at least 15 seconds.
- Add 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil and Butter to a deep sauce pan and melt.
- Add the onions and saute until nearly transparent.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the pasta, water, and pepper.
- When the pasta is done (about 8 minutes) pour 1/4 cup of the cooking water into the pan and drain the rest.
- Add to the pasta and then the pepper to the sauce pan and continue to cook over low heat for 2 more minutes.
This was really delicious and easy to make. I, like Shellbelle, did not have any olives on hand so I did without, but I am looking forward to trying it again with the olives as well. I doubled the recipe for my husband and I and it was perfect! Thanks, Brother William!!
This was very good. It made a quick and easy supper for me. I left out the olives because I didn't have any on hand. Thanks for sharing this recipe!