Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
The competing colors and flavors of onion, sweet bell and spicy jalapeno peppers will add excitement to traditional ham and cheese, and the pasta will complete this one dish meal.
- 1⁄2 cup diced ham
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- 2⁄3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 seeded and diced jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup dry pasta (I used angel hair)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat one quart of salted water to a boil and add the pasta which should take about 8 minutes to cook.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a shallow pan and add onions when the butter has melted.
- Saute the onions until nearly transparent, then add the ham, bell pepper, and jalapeno peppers.
- Turn the heat down and stir while waiting for the pasta to cook through.
- Add two tablespoons of the pasta water to the pan, drain the pasta and add to the pan.
- Stir several minutes and then serve.
- At the table, add the cheese and stir again.