Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
The mushroom covered chicken will be very tender, and can be lifted onto a plate with a slotted spoon. The juices from the dish will be slightly thickened and will flavor any green vegetable. If you wish, thinly sliced onions can be mixed into the bed of potatoes. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 potato
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can mushroom pieces, and the liquid
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees (f).
- Thinly slice, but do not peel one potato,mix with the olive oil, and layer into the bottom of a 1 and 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle the dill weed and paprika on top of the potatoes.
- Cover both sides of the chicken breast with the salt and pepper and place on top of the pototoes.
- Pour the mushrooms, and the liquid from the can over the chicken.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken is at least 165 (f).