Top Review by Bev
What a wonderful change from the usual quick breakfast-type meal I usually serve myself when my husband is out of town! This chicken smelled heavenly as it was cooking. The chicken was moist and the rice was delicious! Except for the curry, this dish reminded me of a sweet & sour recipe I used to make years ago. I made everything the same as the directions called for except I extended the cooking time for the rice to cook thoroughly. It made a generous serving for one. Excellent recipe, Bill!
- 1 (6 ounce) large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, stem and seeds removed
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, cut into one inch squares
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunk (Canned is alright for this)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (small pat of butter may be added)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄3 cup uncooked rice (not instant)
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- First saute the onion in the olive oil until limp, add the curry powder and raw rice.
- Stir until all the rice gains are coated with the oil, add the chicken pineapple and the peppers.
- Add the stock and juice and cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Cook over very low heat for 15 minutes, then remove from the heat leave covered and let sit for additional 10 minutes.