1/3 Photos of Solo Chicken Mushroom Pilaf
Bill Hilbrich's Note:
There is usually just enough flavorful liquid in the final dish to prompt me to eat this with a spoon. The natural flavoring of the mushrooms is similar to MSG and when paired with the sweetness of sauted onions, that was enough flavor for me. However Cooking is a Creative Sport, so feel free to add spices. I found that adding a quarter teaspoon of curry powder during step four made a very pleasant variation, and the kitchen smelled wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter with the olive oil in a frying pan that has a tight fitting lid.
- 2Add the diced onion and saute until nearly transparent.
- 3Dice the chicken breast and add to the pan, stirring until all sides of the meat have turned white.
- 4Add the uncooked rice and stir until all of the grains are covered with the cooking fat.
- 5Add the mushrooms, and stir.
- 6Add the chicken broth, stir and bring up the heat until the liquid starts to simmer.
- 7Put on the cover, reduce the heat to the minimum setting and set your timer for 15 minutes and walk away. DO NOT PEEK.
- 8After 15 minutes, turn off the heat, DO NOT PEEK and set your time for another 15 minutes, and walk away.
- 9Fluff with fork or spoon. Service options might include a small side salad and a cool beverage.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Solo Chicken Mushroom Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (569 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 677.2
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 96.3 mg
- Sodium 1128.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 39.1 g