Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
The Chicken Breast is seared whole to preserve the moisture in the meat, but sliced before presentation to take full advantage of the sauce. I would match this dish with a fresh vegetable and pasta or rice.
- 141.74 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml honey
- 29.58 ml rum
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- Combine the Mayonnaise, Honey and Rum and set aside.
- Pat the Chicken Breast dry, apply the Pepper and Olive Oil to both sides.
- Sear in a very hot frying pan (cast Iron works great) 4 minutes on each side.
- Let the chicken rest for a couple minutes, and then slice.
- Serve over cooked rice or pasta, and drizzle the sauce over the meat.
I made the exact recipie, but added a few things. I cooked brown rice, steemed some spinach and layed that over the rice, I put the chicken on top, then the Honey Rum Sauce, and sprinkled Walnuts on top. It was divine! Next time I make it, I will have to post a picture.
This was good. I did change the rum to my concoction of a alcohol free substitute for rum because we are alcohal free. I used a bit of fancy molasses, water and a small amount of alcohol free vanilla and maybe it doesn't taste like rum but it was very good. I liked the fact that this didn't have any salt and didn't need any, which I find amazing. I seared a bunch of white mushrooms along with the chicken in my cast iron frying pan. I do recommend this kind of pan too. I served this on top of rice vermicelli. I like the idea of serving this with white Basmati rice, layered with spinach on top and a sprinkle of walnuts. Next time I would add a pinch of salt to the mushrooms and spinach. I will make this again.