Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
The Chicken Breast is seared whole to preserve the moisture in the meat, but sliced before presentation to take full advantage of the sauce. I would match this dish with a fresh vegetable and pasta or rice.
Top Review by SweetToothGirl in Madison, Wisconsin
I made the exact recipie, but added a few things. I cooked brown rice, steemed some spinach and layed that over the rice, I put the chicken on top, then the Honey Rum Sauce, and sprinkled Walnuts on top. It was divine! Next time I make it, I will have to post a picture.
- 1 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the Mayonnaise, Honey and Rum and set aside.
- Pat the Chicken Breast dry, apply the Pepper and Olive Oil to both sides.
- Sear in a very hot frying pan (cast Iron works great) 4 minutes on each side.
- Let the chicken rest for a couple minutes, and then slice.
- Serve over cooked rice or pasta, and drizzle the sauce over the meat.