Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 gingerroot, minced (thumb sized piece)
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and diced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce (a shot glass or 50 mls)
- 8 tablespoons dry sherry (a shot glasses or 8 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- Slice chicken length wise into four pieces, and thread onto two thin sticks or sharpened chop sticks.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and use to marinate the chicken in a shallow dish for at least two hours.
- Turn the meat at least once after the first hour.
- Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat, turning once, or on a charcoal grill for about 10 minutes.
- Heat marinade until it starts to bubble and pour over cooked meat after it has been removed from the sticks.
- Serve over rice....
- 1/3 cup of raw rice grains, 2/3 cup of water.
- Heat until it just starts to boil, cover and reduce flame to the lowest level.
- Cook for 15 minutes without lifting the cover, and then let sit for an additional 5 minute with no heat before serving.
- This meal will go nice with a lettuce salad or a small side dish of vegetables.
Oh, Brother William!! If I could give more stars, I would. I made this for supper tonight, just as your recipe is written, didn't change a thing!!! This is WONDERFUL and EASY and DELICIOUS. Thank you so much for sharing and I can't wait to try more of your recipes. God Bless You....Love, Angelcook
very simple recipe. but has a lot of flavor. i derved over white rice
I would've never thought of using a shot glass to measure ingredients like this...I'll be passing this hint along to my readers! Thanks, Bill!