Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cooking is a Creative Sport
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast (4-6 Ounce)
- 1⁄3 green bell pepper, stem and seeds removed
- 1⁄3 cup onion, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, ground
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- Saute the onion and mushrooms in butter until the onion is nearly transparent.
- Cut the chicken breast and the bell pepper into thin slices and add along with the nutmeg and salt.
- When the the chicken turns white and the peppers become limp, add the rest of the ingredients and cook over a medium heat until the chicken is completely cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice or pasta.
Excellent and very tasty! I did change a few things to cut the calories. Used fresh Crimini mushrooms, non-fat sour cream, and only 1 TBS of unsalted butter. Also, I cut the amount of salt by 50%, and it still was great! Thank you for sharing this recipe!
Delicious! Made this as directed using Pinot Grigio wine and changed the serving size to four. I added extra sour cream for a little extra creamy texture and was very happy with the result. Also served a glass of Pinot Grigio with our meal. Definitely will make again.
Creative and delicious. I made enough for 4 servings, and we decided it was the best stroganoff we have had to date. Must be the wine!