Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
The subtle sourness of the buttermilk matches the sweetness of the peas and gives the chicken breast a warm hug. I serve this with Solo Sweet Onion Rice #14764 or a baked potato, but remember that Cooking is a Creative Sport
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup canned sweet peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- Place the chicken breast in a plastic bag, and gently pound until the breast in uniform in shape and thickness.
- Add the salt, pepper, and olive oil to the breast and cook in a very hot non-stick pan for 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken and add the butter to the hot pan which will start to brown as it melts.
- Add the flour, and when the butter and flour turns into a bubbly paste, add the buttermilk and stir.
- When the gravy has started to boil and thicken, add the sweet peas, and if necessary enough liquid from the can to adjust the consistancy of the gravy to your liking.