1/1 Photo of Solo Chicken Breast in Peas and Buttermilk Gravy
Bill Hilbrich's Note:
The subtle sourness of the buttermilk matches the sweetness of the peas and gives the chicken breast a warm hug. I serve this with Solo Sweet Onion Rice #14764 or a baked potato, but remember that Cooking is a Creative Sport
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the chicken breast in a plastic bag, and gently pound until the breast in uniform in shape and thickness.
- 2Add the salt, pepper, and olive oil to the breast and cook in a very hot non-stick pan for 4 minutes on each side.
- 3Remove the chicken and add the butter to the hot pan which will start to brown as it melts.
- 4Add the flour, and when the butter and flour turns into a bubbly paste, add the buttermilk and stir.
- 5When the gravy has started to boil and thicken, add the sweet peas, and if necessary enough liquid from the can to adjust the consistancy of the gravy to your liking.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Solo Chicken Breast in Peas and Buttermilk Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 618.7
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 134.4 mg
- Sodium 954.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 37.1 g