Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
This solo meal can be expanded without problems as long as the pan is sufficient to hold the additional liquid. The balance between pepper and mustard can be adjusted to meet individual taste. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄4 cup olive, sliced and seeded
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (Grey Poupon)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (Vermouth is fine)
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the black pepper on both sides of the thawed chicken breast, next apply the olive oil and place into a very hot non-stick frying pan.
- Fry for 4 minutes, turn over once and fry for another 4 minutes or until the interal temperature is 160 degrees (f) Mix the flour and butter in a small bowl until combined.
- Remove the chicken breast, add the wine and chicken stock, and stir to loosen the crispy particles.
- Add the mustard and butter/flour mixture and stir again until the gravy thickens.
- Add the broccoli and olives and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- To serve, pour gravy and broccoli over the chicken.