Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This meal will make a nice lunch for one, or if served as a side dish could feed two. The chicken breast is cooked whole and diced at the end to insure the meat is moist.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄3 cup artichoke heart, drained and diced
- 1 cup uncooked pasta (I like Rotelle)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil (divided)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Bring 2 cups of salted water to a boil, and start heating a non stick (I like Cast Iron) Frying Pan on the stove.
- Use 1/4 teaspoon olive oil to lightly coat both sides of the chicken breast.
- When the water achieves a rolling boil, add the pasta, stir once, and put the chicken breast in the hot frying pan.
- Set timer for 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, flip the chicken breast once and fry for 4 more minutes and then set aside until the pasta is done.
- While the chicken is cooking, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil, the basil, oregano, artichokes and diced garlic to the bottom of a pasta dish.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add to the pasta dish and toss lightly.
- Cut the chicken breast into small pieces, add to the pasta and toss.
- Then add the juice of one lemon.
- Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese on top and serve.
This was easy to make and very good, just remember to add salt.
Loved the artichoke hearts and the ease of pulling this all together.
This was very easy, and very tasty. I added more garlic, and grated real Parmesan, and we loved it! I just doubled everything, and it made dinner for two with some crusty bread on the side.