Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was given to me in a recipe swap years ago. It proved to be a very tasty and nourishing meal for one - quick to make.
- 6 ounces ground beef
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch basil
- 1 egg yolk
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces washed and chopped spinach
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 ounce grated cheddar cheese (or similar)
- 1 sprig green herbs
- 3 -5 thin onion rings
- Put the beef and onion in a non-stick skillet and cook till the beef is no longer pink Add the tomato paste, water, herbs, salt and pepper to the pan and bring to the boil Add the spinach to the pan and cook for 2- 3 minutes till spinach is floppy Transfer mixture to an oven-proof dish.
- Mix together the egg-yolk, yogurt and cheese and spread over.
- Put in pre-heated oven, 175 degrees F, 190 degrees C, for 25 minutes until browned.
- Garnish and serve right away.
As one Solo Cook to another, this looked very good, and after I realized that the (F) temp was a typo, ( It should be 375 degrees), I was very pleased with the results.
Pretty good-I think next time I will add a bit more seasoning and it will be perfect! Thanks for the recipe.