Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
This solo meal can be doubled, and if you have an instant read thermometer with an oven probe, the dish can be ignored until you are summoned to the kitchen. Serve with a green salad or maybe my Pickel Dilly Green Beans. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
Top Review by AllAboutCookies
Sorry, but this just didn't work when increased. What kind of rice do you use? The chicken is all pallid and bland as a result of being poached. The chicken was done in 45 minutes, then I turned the heat up to 425 for another 45 minutes to finish the rice, and in spite of using half the lemon stated in the recipe, the rice was still very strongly flavored, the kids loved it, husband wouldn't eat it.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (5 to 6 ounce)
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄3 cup rice, un-cooked
- 2⁄3 cup white wine or 2⁄3 cup vermouth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 375 degree (f) Put 1 tablespoon butter into an oven proof dish stir in the rice until all the grains are coated.
- Add the wine. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice from half the lemon into a dish with the remaining melted butter and the basil.
- Other herbs such as dill, or oregano could be used instead.
- Coat the chicken breast with the butter/lemon/herb sauce on both sides and place on top of the rice and wine. Slice the remaining half of the lemon into thin rounds and place on top of the chicken.
- Cover with a tight fitting cover or foil and bake for 35 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed and the chicken has an internal temperature of 175(f) or 79(c).
- Salt and pepper to taste.