This is an easy recipe that when when matched with a prepared potato ( see note ), and a green salad will place dinner for one on the table in 45 minutes.
- Place a Cast Iron Frying Pan into an oven and preheat at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- During this time, IF the chicken breast is frozen, it can thawed in a microwave at power 3 for 7 minutes.
- Place the thawed chicken breast into a shallow dish and add the juice of 1 lemon, coating both sides.
- Let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Cover both sides with pepper, and then coat the chicken breast with the butter, using a brush.
- Place the chicken into the Cast Iron Pan and bake for 35 minutes.
- To get an even browning, turn the chicken over half way through the baking time.
- Note:If a baking potato is punctured, microwaved on high for 3 minutes, and then coated with olive oil, it will be done in the same 35 minutes in the oven.
Looking for something suitable for preparation in my toaster oven, this recipe caught my eye, and I was not disappointed! Due to space constraints, I substituted the cast iron with a Le Creuset baking dish. And as you'll see from my picture, I also went sweet with my potato. Neither had any bearing on this dish's deliciousness. A Saturday afternoon treat ... And definitely a candidate for regular repeat. Thank you!
I have made this many times over the last several years. I make it in the toaster oven using a pyrex dish and it comes out just great. Thanks for the recipe!
Love this simple easy recipe for chicken.