Recipe by Rita~
This I have been making for years and found the recipe on the label of a can of Solo Almond filling.
Top Review by elaeva
This is one gorgeous, delicious cake! I found that people either love almond baked goods or hate them. The lovers swooned when they tasted it. It's light as air, moist and very 'classy' tasting, as in gourmet baking, I sprinkled sliced almonds on top of the icing, also made mini cupcakes and small loaves to give as gifts, and watched people scarf down four or five of the mini cupcakes in one sitting!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) cansolo almond filling
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 10 inch tube pan or 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time,.
- beating well after each addition. Beat in almond filling until well blended.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt until mixed.
- Add to almond mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Beat until blended.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on rack.
- To make glaze, combine Confectioners' sugar, cream and extract in small bowl and stir until well blended and smooth.
- Spoon over top of cake and let set.