A hearty soup made from leftovers, originating in Russia, but has been a traditional soup for any special occation in my family in Germany
- 250 g cooked meat, sliiced into strips
- 100 g salami or 100 g chorizo sausage
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large chili, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 large pickled cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon of guerkin vinegar
- 750 ml stock
- 3 all spice berries
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 teaspoons sour cream
- 6 lemon slices
- Stirfry the meat and vegetables for about 5 minutes.
- Add a spoonful of tomato paste & paprika powder
- Cover with stock, season with a splash of vinegar, 3 Allspice berries, a bay leaf and salt & pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream & a lemon slice.