Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe from a TV channel. Hope you enjoy it.
- 8 ounces sole fillets
- 6 grape leaves
- 1 teaspoon shallot, chopped
- 4 ounces cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 bunch seedless grapes
- 1 ounce butter
- salt and pepper
- white wine
- Wrap the sole filets in grape leaves.
- Poach the wraped sole in white wine.
- In a sauce pan,saute the shallots, then deglaze the pan with a little white wine.
- Add the cream and bring to a gentle boil, then reduceto a simmer.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl, then add a little of the cream, beating well.
- Keep adding cream, a tablespoon at a time, until half the cream is blended with the yolks.
- Stir egg mixture into saucepan, stirring well.
- Season with salt and pepper, then pour on the sole filets.
- Garnish with seedless grapes and serve.
This recipe bought back memories, I used to do something like this back in the 70's for dinner parties, it was really popular then. It will be very popular with me again as it impressed my guests that I had for dinner. It does really look good on a nice white dinner plate, and of course it tastes great too. The only thing I changed is the fish, I had coral trout in the freezer so used it and it could not have been better. Thanks Barb for reviving memories.