Recipe by mer@
I saw Robin Miller make this on the Food Network the other day and it looked so good I had to try it. I think you'll enjoy it, too.
Top Review by Recipe Reader
This is a lovely dish, and easy to prepare. I did use a little flour to dust on the fillets, as that's how I usually saute fish, then followed exactly. Thanks for posting! Made for Spice/Herb of the Month.
- 4 sole fillets (about 5 oz. each)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup basil pesto, prepared
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, finely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Season both sides of sole with salt and black pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium high heat.
- Add sole and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- In medium bowl whisk together heavy cream, pesto, and lemon zest.
- Add mixture to pan and bring to a simmer, until sauce thickens.
- Serve fish with rice (if desired) and spoon sauce overall.