Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Epicurious. I will probably make this with tilapia.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups sliced leeks (white and pale green parts only, from 2 medium)
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup canned vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 4 (5 -6 ounce) sole fillets
- all-purpose flour
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add leeks, garlic, thyme, and bay leaf. Sauté until leeks are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and wine; boil 5 minutes. Add tomatoes with juices.
- Boil until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Fold each fillet in half; secure with toothpick.
- Dust outside of fish with flour. Heat remaining 3 tablespoons oil in another large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add fish and sauté until golden and just opaque in center, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer fish to plates; remove toothpicks. Top fish with sauce.