1/1 Photo of Sole With Basil Butter Grilled in a Foil Packet
The basil butter is also great on steamed veggies and broiled chicken. The foil packets here contain snow peas and mushrooms. Flounder works well with this preparation too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
for the butter
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, finely shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
for the fish packets
- 1Preheat grill to medium.
- 2To prepare the butter, stir together the butter ingredients and shape into a 2 inch long log. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate.
- 3Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- 4Tear off 4, 18 X 12 inch pieces of heavy duty foil and place one fish fillet on each piece and make sure to tuck under thin edges of the fish to prevent it from drying out.
- 5Top each fillet with some mushrooms, pea pods and the chives.
- 6Bring up 2 opposite ends of the foil and seal with a double fold. Fold remaining ends to completely enclose, leaving space for steam to expand.
- 7Grill foil packets for 4-6 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- 8Open foil packets carefully as to not get a steam burn and transfer fish and veggies to serving plates.
- 9Top each fillet with a 1/4 inch thick slice of the butter mixture and serve.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sole With Basil Butter Grilled in a Foil Packet
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.2
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 66.3 mg
- Sodium 389.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 15.8 g