Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
You will love this. It is my favorite way to cook fish fillets. This makes enough to stuff about 8 good sized fillets, I usually only do 4 so I keep the rest of the stuffing in the freezer for another meal. You can easily double this and have it ready for a very quick dinner. This filling is also nice with other fish or even chicken. Prep time does not include freezing time
- 4 sole fillets
- 8 ounces roasted red pepper cream cheese, at room temp (You can buy it with peppers or finely chop about 1/2 cup roasted red pepper and stir in)
- 1 cup baby shrimp (cooked)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper or 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- Sauté onion and garlic till soft.
- Put in a bowl and add rest of ingredients except fish.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Tear off 8 pieces of plastic wrap about 4x4-inches.
- Place 2 Tbsp or so on one piece and roll up so that you have a little log about 3-inches long and about 1-inch in diameter. Do this with all the stuffing mixture.
- Place in a single layer in freezer for a couple of hours until frozen.
- Thoroughly thaw fish if frozen.
- Unwrap 1 stuffing portion for each piece of fish.
- Roll up fish around frozen stuffing.
- Place seam side down in baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper & brush with melted butter.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350°F.
- Place unused portion of stuffing in a ziploc bag in freezer for future use.