You will love this. It is my favorite way to cook fish fillets. This makes enough to stuff about 8 good sized fillets, I usually only do 4 so I keep the rest of the stuffing in the freezer for another meal. You can easily double this and have it ready for a very quick dinner. This filling is also nice with other fish or even chicken. Prep time does not include freezing time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 sole fillets
- 8 ounces roasted red pepper cream cheese, at room temp (You can buy it with peppers or finely chop about 1/2 cup roasted red pepper and stir in)
- 1 cup baby shrimp (cooked)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper or 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1Sauté onion and garlic till soft.
- 2Put in a bowl and add rest of ingredients except fish.
- 3Mix thoroughly.
- 4Tear off 8 pieces of plastic wrap about 4x4-inches.
- 5Place 2 Tbsp or so on one piece and roll up so that you have a little log about 3-inches long and about 1-inch in diameter. Do this with all the stuffing mixture.
- 6Place in a single layer in freezer for a couple of hours until frozen.
- 7Thoroughly thaw fish if frozen.
- 8Unwrap 1 stuffing portion for each piece of fish.
- 9Roll up fish around frozen stuffing.
- 10Place seam side down in baking dish.
- 11Season with salt and pepper & brush with melted butter.
- 12Bake 20 minutes at 350°F.
- 13Place unused portion of stuffing in a ziploc bag in freezer for future use.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sole Stuffed With Shrimp and Roasted Red Pepper Cream Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.4
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 185.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 31.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red pepper cream cheese