1/4 Photos of Sole Rolls (Poached in Milk)
Delicate sole with cheese and spinach.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, quartered and quartered again
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped and packed
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and crushed
- 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2Line a serving platter with the fresh baby spinach leaves; arrange slices of tomato around edge of spinach; sprinkle salt and pepper and chopped green onion around tomato slices. Set aside.
- 4Heat oil in a medium frypan, saute onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Add tomato, spinach, capers and ricotta cheese, cook, stirring 1 minute or until heated through. Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper, set aside to cool. Do not rinse the frypan, it will be used to poach the roll.
- 5The Sole:.
- 6Squeeze lemon over fillet and sprinkle with the dill. Spread the filling evenly over the fillet. Starting at the tail end, (shortest end), roll fillet up like a jelly roll. If necessary use toothpicks to hold.
- 7Add the milk to the frypan, bring to simmer and deglaze. Carefully add the filled sole roll to the milk, seam side down, spoon milk over the roll; cover and simmer/poach for about 10 minutes, or until fish flakes and is cooked through. Sprinkle with parmesan shreds and carefully remove to the centre of the arranged platter; cut the roll evenly in two; drizzle a little of the reduced milk over platter arrangement and fish; sprinkle with green onion; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sole Rolls (Poached in Milk)
Serving Size: 1 (477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.7
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 125.5 mg
- Sodium 449.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 49.6 g