Recipe by Nurbel
A nice fish dish with a pleasant presentation. Good with rice. Found this one a few years ago on a free dairy farmer calendar and enjoyed it.
Top Review by the.wrights
We just had this Good Friday (Easter) dinner and it was very nice... I used hoki fillets instead of sole, and mixed 2 teas of sweet chille sauce and 4 tab lime juice to pour over fish instead of the lemon juice... I will try lemon next time... I also left out the swiss cheese to reduce the fat and diary content.... and added 1/2 teas paprika as mentioned on another review... Will certainly make it again... We all loved it with rice and green vegetalbes...
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sole fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon instant bouillon granules, chicken flavour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- If fillets are large, cut lengthwise in half.
- Roll up fish and secure with toothpicks.
- Place in shallow rectangular baking dish.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 400 F degree oven for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan.
- Blend in flour, bouillon mix and dry mustard.
- Gradually stir in the milk.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until it boils and thickens.
- Add both cheeses and stir until melted.
- Add salt and pepper and serve over the cooked and drained fish rolls.