Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice fish dish with a pleasant presentation. Good with rice. Found this one a few years ago on a free dairy farmer calendar and enjoyed it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sole fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon instant bouillon granules, chicken flavour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- If fillets are large, cut lengthwise in half.
- Roll up fish and secure with toothpicks.
- Place in shallow rectangular baking dish.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 400 F degree oven for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan.
- Blend in flour, bouillon mix and dry mustard.
- Gradually stir in the milk.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until it boils and thickens.
- Add both cheeses and stir until melted.
- Add salt and pepper and serve over the cooked and drained fish rolls.
We just had this Good Friday (Easter) dinner and it was very nice... I used hoki fillets instead of sole, and mixed 2 teas of sweet chille sauce and 4 tab lime juice to pour over fish instead of the lemon juice... I will try lemon next time... I also left out the swiss cheese to reduce the fat and diary content.... and added 1/2 teas paprika as mentioned on another review... Will certainly make it again... We all loved it with rice and green vegetalbes...
My daughter made this tonight and it was very tasty. Light and delicate.
This was so delish! We not only ate this sauce on our fish, (Talipia fish) we ate it on our baked potatoes and asparagus too! Talk about fattening! But it was too yummy! I used American Swiss Cheese squares because that's all I had and I used fresh grated as well as canned parmesan cheese. This all stirred up and melted perfectly. It was a little too salty but that was my fault for adding too much. Next time I'll make it, then taste it, and add salt at the end if it needs it. I used white pepper and a about 1/2 tsp of paprika and it was a great flavor. My entire family raved about dinner tonight! Thanks for posting this great sauce recipe. Now I'll make this sauce for other recipes. It would be great over macaroni noodles. It was super on our potato skins too. I can't say enough about this yummy sauce! AWESOME!