Recipe by Chef Mommie
Sole fish fillets cooked in butter sauce. ZWT Sole Meuniere is excellent in combination with potatoes or rice.
- 6 (6 -8 ounce) sole fillets
- 8 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 lemon, juice of
- fresh black pepper
- 10 sprigs fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the black skin from the soles. Chop the parsley sprigs, discard the stems. Season fillets with salt and pepper.
- Spread the flour in a plate. Dredge fillets in flour, shaking off any excess flour.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet. Add a sole fillet or if the skillet is large enough, place 2 fillets at the same time. Cook over high heat for 5 minutes. Turn the fillet and cook on the other side for 5 minutes again.
- Set aside and keep fillets warm. Sprinkle with lemon juice and parsley. Cook the other sole fillets the same way. Add butter if needed.
- Melt the remaining butter in the skillet. When brown, remove from heat and place the sole fillets.
- Serving: Serve immediately. Garnish with lemon slices.