Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Recipe comes from Junior League of Fargo, North Dakota/Minnesota Cookbook. I added the Parmesan cheese idea to this dish.
- 1⁄2 lb white mushrooms or 1⁄2 lb cremini mushroom
- 4 medium cold cooked potatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 lbs fresh sole fillets
- 5 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley, if desired
- snipped chives
- Wash mushrooms, trimming off stem ends and slice lengthwise.
- In buttered 8 by 12 baking dish arrange potatoes, top with mushrooms, dot with butter and sprinkle with half salt, pepper and paprika. Pour wine all over and spread with half the sour cream.
- Arrange pieces of Fish on sour cream and sprinkle with rest of salt pepper and paprika.
- Top with remaining sour cream.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until fish is done.
- Top with parsley and chives and a dash of parmesan.