Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sole in Mustard Sauce dish, a favorite of my daughters, simple and tasty.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sole fillets or 2 -6 sole fillets
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 lemon, juice of, strained
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 1⁄2 ounces dry white wine
- 7 ounces heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Grey Poupon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 6 scallions, including green tops, sliced
- Sauce: Put shallots into sauce pan with wine; Boil gently until wine has evaporated; Mix cream and mustard together and add to the shallots; Season with salt and peppier and bring to a boil; Boil over medium heat, stirring often, until mixture thickens (about 8 minutes); Cool.
- Preheat oven to 425 O.
- Arrange fillets crosswise, overlapping each other by about 1/2 inch in shallow oven-proff dish;.
- Melt butter and spoon over fish;.
- Spoon lemon juice over fish;.
- Pour sauce over fish in a wide band down the center;.
- Cook for 10 - 15 minutes, until fork penetrates easily.
- Garnish with Scallions and serve.