Recipe by Sage
I was looking for a recipe for Sole Florentine with mushrooms and came up with this special dish.
Top Review by Annacia
This is a fantastic recipe. It's simple to make, healthy and, Oh My, it's good. I used low fat milk and even so, with the parm cheese it tastes rich and indulgent. You can impress company with this and put it together quickly on a weeknight. I didn't have Old Bay so I used Recipe #230030 which worked very well indeed. Aside from the seasoning switch, I made this by the recipe and it was really wonderful. Thank you so much Sage for posting this.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh spinach, cleaned
- 1 lb sole fillet
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup light cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 375°F.
- Cook washed spinach with water still clinging over medium-high heat until wilted; drain. When cool enough to handle, gently squeeze out remaining moisture. Finely chop and place in an oiled casserole.
- Top with the sole filet and sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning.
- In skillet heat oil; add onions,salt, garlic and mushrooms; sauté for 4 minutes; whisk in flour and slowly add chicken broth and cream stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes until thickened; stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon over sole.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes; uncover and bake another 5 minutes.