Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I was looking for a recipe for Sole Florentine with mushrooms and came up with this special dish.
Make and share this Sole Florentine Aux Champignons recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh spinach, cleaned
- 1 lb sole fillet
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup light cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven 375°F.
- Cook washed spinach with water still clinging over medium-high heat until wilted; drain. When cool enough to handle, gently squeeze out remaining moisture. Finely chop and place in an oiled casserole.
- Top with the sole filet and sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning.
- In skillet heat oil; add onions,salt, garlic and mushrooms; sauté for 4 minutes; whisk in flour and slowly add chicken broth and cream stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes until thickened; stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon over sole.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes; uncover and bake another 5 minutes.
This is a fantastic recipe. It's simple to make, healthy and, Oh My, it's good. I used low fat milk and even so, with the parm cheese it tastes rich and indulgent. You can impress company with this and put it together quickly on a weeknight. I didn't have Old Bay so I used Ras-El-Hanout (Moroccan Spice Blend) which worked very well indeed. Aside from the seasoning switch, I made this by the recipe and it was really wonderful. Thank you so much Sage for posting this.
We couldn't find Old Bay Seasoning so we used Cardamon, Thyme, pepper, basil and paprika as a sub and it worked out well. Overall a wonderful dish that is pure delight
This was outstanding. Easy to prepare and very tasty. I served it with rice and a salad. Hubby was impressed.