Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
My sister carried this recipe around for almost 30 years. Wanted to share with Zaar. Had to update for today's preparation techiques. If you make this before I do, please let me know if anything could be improved.
- 3⁄4 lb fresh spinach
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sole fillets, 1/4-1/2-inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons firm butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
- Discard stems from spinach, rinse leaves and pat dry. Rinse fillets and pat dry.
- Arrange 1/2 spinach in shallow baking dish. Place fillets side x side on top and cover with remaining spinach.
- Place baking dish in microwave and cover with wax paper, cover with lid and cook on high 6-8 minutes or until sole flakes.
- In a small pan, combine wine, cream and lemon juice. Boil rapidly until reduced to 1/4 cup. Remove from heat and with whip, beat in butter a piece at a time until sauce thickens slightly and is creamy. Add mustard and salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
- Lift cover and wax paper from sole and drain off liquid. Drizzle with sauce.
Good Gosh, this is delicious! We all loved it, even my picky DS! When he's pleased, you KNOW it's good :) Thanks!