Recipe by Darkhunter
My sister carried this recipe around for almost 30 years. Wanted to share with Zaar. Had to update for today's preparation techiques. If you make this before I do, please let me know if anything could be improved.
- 3⁄4 lb fresh spinach
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sole fillets, 1/4-1/2-inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons firm butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Discard stems from spinach, rinse leaves and pat dry. Rinse fillets and pat dry.
- Arrange 1/2 spinach in shallow baking dish. Place fillets side x side on top and cover with remaining spinach.
- Place baking dish in microwave and cover with wax paper, cover with lid and cook on high 6-8 minutes or until sole flakes.
- In a small pan, combine wine, cream and lemon juice. Boil rapidly until reduced to 1/4 cup. Remove from heat and with whip, beat in butter a piece at a time until sauce thickens slightly and is creamy. Add mustard and salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
- Lift cover and wax paper from sole and drain off liquid. Drizzle with sauce.