Recipe by Mille®
Recipe posted by request - I have not personally made this.
Top Review by Delectable Bites
I made this for a dinner party and everyone loved it. I addded grated lemon peel to the spinach mousse that gave it an added flavor boost. I might add a bit more spice next time, like perhaps some cayenne pepper. This was very simple to make and makes a lovely presentation. I added chopped chives and paprika to the top of the suace before serving, which gave needed color. I served it along side beef tenderloin with wild rice and roasted carrots. As I had two main course items I only served one sole fillet per person. If this will be the only main dish plan on two fillets per person. I ended up with a lot of left over mousse mixture so next time I may try halving the mousse recipe. Thanks for posting. It was delicious.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup spinach, cooked and squeezed
- 1 egg white
- 8 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 8 fluid ounces fish stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 fluid ounces dry white wine
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 12 sole fillets
- 12 large fresh shrimp, shelled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- Season 12 half-filets with lemon, salt and pepper; set aside in the refrigerator.
- In a food processor process the rest of the fish for 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach, salt, pepper and nutmeg to the food processor, and process for another 30 seconds.
- Pour the egg white through the feeding tube, with the motor running, and process for10 seconds.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Stir 2 tablespoons of the cream into the chilled spinach mousse.
- Put 1 tablespoon of the mousse into each filet of fish, place 1 shrimp on top and roll it up.
- Place the rolls standing in a buttered baking dish, pour wine over them, cover with foil, and bake in a pre-heated 350°F oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce.
- Cook the shallots and mushrooms in the butter until all liquid has evaporated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the fish stock, stirring until thick.
- Stir the egg yolks into the cream and add to the sauce, stirring.
- Bring to a boil and pour around fish.