2 hrs 55 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Recipe posted by request - I have not personally made this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup spinach, cooked and squeezed
- 1 egg white
- 8 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 1/4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 8 fluid ounces fish stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 fluid ounces dry white wine
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 12 sole fillets
- 12 large fresh shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1Season 12 half-filets with lemon, salt and pepper; set aside in the refrigerator.
- 2In a food processor process the rest of the fish for 30 seconds.
- 3Add the spinach, salt, pepper and nutmeg to the food processor, and process for another 30 seconds.
- 4Pour the egg white through the feeding tube, with the motor running, and process for10 seconds.
- 5Chill for 2 hours.
- 6Stir 2 tablespoons of the cream into the chilled spinach mousse.
- 7Put 1 tablespoon of the mousse into each filet of fish, place 1 shrimp on top and roll it up.
- 8Place the rolls standing in a buttered baking dish, pour wine over them, cover with foil, and bake in a pre-heated 350°F oven for 25 minutes.
- 9Meanwhile prepare the sauce.
- 10Cook the shallots and mushrooms in the butter until all liquid has evaporated.
- 11Season with salt and pepper.
- 12Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- 13Pour in the fish stock, stirring until thick.
- 14Stir the egg yolks into the cream and add to the sauce, stirring.
- 15Bring to a boil and pour around fish.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sole Filets Stuffed With Spinach Mousse And Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 816.5
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 505.7 mg
- Sodium 605.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 103.3 g