Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have fallen in love with this recipe. I can't have it enough. Great dish to serve to guests!
- salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (canned ok)
- 1 -2 package prewashed Baby Spinach
- 1 package chicken tenders
- 1 package boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- Wash& dry chicken.
- Coat chicken with flour & seasonings.
- Add oil to skillet and brown chicken, turning, 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
- Set aside.
- In the skillet melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes, mushrooms and wine.
- Heat to blend flavors about 10 minutes, stirring occasionaly.
- Add the spinach and stir until wilted through, about 3 minutes.
- Use a 9x13 pan and refrigerate.
- Bake later at 375 for 1/2 hour to 40 minutes, until bubbly and heated through.
Another great make-ahead recipe! I assembled it around noon and kept it in the refrigerator until supper time. Then I popped it in the oven. The chicken was tender and moist. We loved the combination of ingredients with the chicken. I used sweet Marsala. This will be appearing on my table many times. Thank you so much Stillmeadow!!! :-)
This recipe is outstanding! I used 3 lbs of chicken tenders & thighs combined, an 8 oz package of sliced mushrooms and 1/2 of an 8 oz. package of baby bella mushrooms and roughly 10 oz. of the baby spinach. All other ingredients as stated. This recipe came out so beautifully, the chicken is very tender and moist and it's wonderful to have a great make ahead that could be easily served to dinner guests. I served over angel hair and warmed some bread in the oven while the dish was cooking. Give it a try - you'll love it!
This is absolutely wonderful! The only change I made was to decrease the amount of butter. I will definitely be making this again. Leftovers for lunch today!