Recipe by Boomette
Top Review by duonyte
This is a tasty dinner dish. I made half the recipe but with just two thinnish flounder fillets. I used a regular skillet and you would need a larger skillet for all the potatoes etc and four fillets. It's not a pretty dish, but it is good. I stirred the salt, pepper and nutmeg with the cream and broth, so that it would be evenly distributed. I used vermouth instead of regular white wine, as so little is called for.
- 2 leeks, washed and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup 15% cream
- 6 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- nutmeg, to taste
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sole fillets
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a saucepan not too deep, soften leek in butter 5 minutes, without letting them taking colors. Add spinach and wine. Cook until spinach are wilted.
- Add stock, cream and potatoes. Stir well. Add nutmeg, salt and pepper. Cover and cook in oven 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and put fish on potatoes. Add salt and pepper. Keep cooking uncovered 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.