Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
An easy and light recipe from Barbara Gibbons, 'The Slim Gourmet'. Although I haven't tried this, I'm sure it will appeal to calorie counters as well as those on low-carb diets. Let me know what you think!
- Cook fresh spinach in a tightly covered saucepan with no liquid added.
- (If using frozen spinach, drain thoroughly but do not cook).
- Combine spinach with onion and spread in a shallow nonstick baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Add milk, sprinkle with cheese, and arrange fillets over cheese in a single layer.
- Sprinkle dish with lemon juice, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
This was really tasty, I used gurnard fillets and just one 12 ounce packet of frozen spinach. Will definitely make this again.
This is a wonderfull, tasty, healthy casserole. I used fresh spinach and a gouda light cheese. Just made half a recipe for the two of us, worked fine! The sole, spinach, lemon and cheese really compliment each other and the paprika is a nice finish, very nice presentation. We will be making this one again, thanks for sharing!!