Recipe by Denise in da Kitchen
An easy and light recipe from Barbara Gibbons, 'The Slim Gourmet'. Although I haven't tried this, I'm sure it will appeal to calorie counters as well as those on low-carb diets. Let me know what you think!
- 2 (12 ounce) packages fresh spinach, chopped or 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 4 slices light cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 (4 ounce) sole fillets, fresh or thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook fresh spinach in a tightly covered saucepan with no liquid added.
- (If using frozen spinach, drain thoroughly but do not cook).
- Combine spinach with onion and spread in a shallow nonstick baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Add milk, sprinkle with cheese, and arrange fillets over cheese in a single layer.
- Sprinkle dish with lemon juice, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.